The spiritual care team at Adventist Senior Living are dedicated to caring for you and your families and friends.
Moving into either residential aged care or independent living in a retirement village setting brings changes that may bring personal challenges. The spiritual care team at Adventist Senior Living are dedicated to caring for you and your families and friends as you face these challenges.
Spiritual care is central to our philosophy and practice of holistic care. Our chaplains, team of spiritual care volunteers and student counsellors offer appropriate spiritual care and a listening ear for people from all faiths and beliefs, supporting spiritual and cultural diversity through respect for individual values, confidentiality and acceptance. Our chaplains are professionally trained and are members of Adventist Senior Living staff.
Our spiritual care team is available to:
- support all residents, visitors, staff and volunteers
- listen with empathy to the things that are important to you
- assist you in seeking inner peace and strength
- offer grief, crisis and bereavement support
- pray, at your request
- assist you in contacting representatives from your faith tradition
- offer access to books and resources
Adventist Senior Living spiritual care team also offers;
- resident worships – both independent living and residential aged care
- access to in-room online church services
- connection through activities such as ukulele building and the restoration shed (motorcycles and cars)
- animal friendship with our resident care dog Iggy. If residents would like a visit from Iggy or to send him a message contact [email protected]
For spiritual care assistance including prayer requests, contact:
- [email protected]
- Lake Macquarie Chaplain – 02 4977 0110
- North Coast Chaplain – 02 6628 1944
For information about spiritual care volunteering at Adventist Senior Living contact [email protected].
Hear their stories
“I want to say how thankful I am that I live here. All the carers, volunteers, dining and kitchen staff are all so willing, lovely and helpful”
Lavender Terrace residential care
The smiling faces, caring hearts, gentle hands and encouraging words from all the staff have made my mother’s life here on Bellbird Cottage very comfortable, peaceful and happy. Such a great team.
Daughter of resident at Bellbird Cottage
I want to express my appreciation for the wonderful and compassionate care that my wife is receiving at your home. Thank you for taking the time to get to know my wife over the past few months and for making her feel comfortable and safe there. This gives us peace of mind.
Husband of resident at Avondale House
Peter and I moved into Jewells Lifestyle village just over 7 years ago. We have never had a reason to regret our decision. We have made many friends here who we socialise with and we enjoy a wonderful lifestyle with the security of knowing that all our wants are catered to.
Peter and Marilyn Hair
Residents at Jewells Lifestyle Community