Volunteering is a great way to have impact in your community, to give something back and make a difference to those around you
Volunteers are a valuable part of enhancing the wellbeing and quality of life of our residents. Volunteers contribute to the vibrancy and warmth of our communities and help us extend our services. Our volunteers come from different backgrounds and locations, are different ages and genders and travel different distances. In most cases, volunteers need no qualifications or experience, just a willing heart, compassion, an open mind and a positive attitude.
Adventist Senior Living has a variety of volunteer opportunities available. You can volunteer at hours to suit you, ranging from a few hours a month to a few days a week. Get involved with:
- Social support – on-on-one visits with residents
- Craft or therapy activities
- Transport and outings
- Chaplaincy activities
- Meal times and weekend breakfasts
- Maintenance and help around the grounds
- Café service and food prep
- Administrative assistance
- Physiotherapy sessions
- Hands on manicure or hairdressing help
Benefits of volunteering
By volunteering at Adventist Senior Living, you’ll be directly contributing to the wellbeing of our residents, enhancing their quality of life and contributing to the vibrancy and warmth of our communities. You’ll not only benefit the lives of our residents, but your own life as well! Here are some reasons why you should volunteer at Adventist Senior Living.
- Volunteering is great for your mind and body – helping others makes you happier!
- You’ll develop new skills, experience and knowledge
- Make new friends and form relationships in our close-knit community
- You’ll create a sense of purpose, for the residents you help, and for yourself
- You can try out a new career, without making a long term commitment
- You may even discover something new that you are really good at
All you need to volunteer is a willingness to be apart of the volunteer team. We have volunteer programs designed around the skills, interests and availability of individual volunteers and we do all we can to facilitate you being part of our volunteer team.
For more information or an opportunity to speak to our People and Culture team about volunteering:
Apply to become a volunteer
"*" indicates required fields